Chelsea Under-18s have returned to winning ways by beating Leicester City 3-2 in an Under-18 Premier League fixture in The Midlands this morning.

The Blues suffered back-to-back defeats to Manchester United in the Under-18 Premier League Cup and FA Youth Cup before Christmas but Andy Myers’ side started 2019 in much better form.

Chelsea took a second-minute lead against Leicester City when Thierno Ballo teed up Marcel Lewis to score the opener and it was soon 2-0 to The Blues when Ballo created a chance for Jack Wakely to head home which he did with ease.

Myers’ side were 3-0 up on 15 minutes when Henry Lawrence played in Lewis who thumped his effort beyond home keeper Oliver Bosworth.

Both sides then rattled the woodwork with a Ballo effort striking the post before Shane Flynn’s shot crashed off the crossbar.

Leicester City reduced the arrears early in the second half when Luke Thomas crossed for Dempsey Arlott-John to head the ball beyond Blues keeper Karlo Ziger into the net and Justen Kranthove soon scrambled in another to make it 3-2.

The Foxes pushed for an equaliser but Ziger saved well from shots from Will Russ and Dennis Gyamfi before The Blues keeper tipped a Flynn cross to safety.

Arlott-John had a great chance to level at the death but Ziger again came out on top as Chelsea won the match.

The Blues are back in action next Saturday when Southampton are the visitors to Cobham.

About Author

I am Dan Pentland and I am a York City season ticket holder and volunteer for men's health charity Prostate Cancer UK. In May 2015, I completed my childhood dream of visiting all 92 Football League grounds. Follow me on Twitter @DanPentlandpcuk and Facebook

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. More Information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.