Chelsea fans are confident that their side can defeat Manchester United in the Emirates FA Cup final at Wembley on Saturday evening despite their poor current form according to the results of a series of exclusive Chelsea Presser fan polls.

The Blues could only draw 1-1 with Huddersfield Town at Stamford Bridge before Antonio Conte’s men ended their 2017/2018 English Premier League campaign with a dismal 3-0 defeat at Newcastle United on Sunday.

Ahead of the Wembley showpiece, we asked Blues fans whether they think their side will defeat Jose Mourinho’s United. Fans voted in their usual numbers with 88% opting for a Chelsea win and just 12% voting in favour of a victory for The Red Devils.

In a second fan poll, we asked fans how many goals they think their side will net in the final. Two goals was the most favourable outcome with 50% of the votes while 25% of voters think that Chelsea could score three or more. There were no votes cast in favour of a United clean sheet while 25% expect Conte’s men to bag one.

Finally, with managers Conte and Mourinho’s relationship having been explosive in the past, we asked fans how many cards they think will be shown in the match. Under five cards received 67% of the votes while the remaining 33% of the votes were made in respect of five or more cards.

The match is scheduled to kick-off at 5.15pm and will be screened live on BBC One and BT Sport.

About Author

I am Dan Pentland and I am a York City season ticket holder and volunteer for men's health charity Prostate Cancer UK. In May 2015, I completed my childhood dream of visiting all 92 Football League grounds. Follow me on Twitter @DanPentlandpcuk and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/dpentlandawaydayspcuk/

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. More Information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close