The Chelsea Development Squad came back from two goals down to draw 2-2 with Tottenham Hotspur at The Recreation Ground in Aldershot this evening.

The visitors went 2-0 up inside 20 minutes but two goals in the final 19 minutes of the game from Chelsea saw the scores end level.

Spurs took the lead after just 10 minutes when Pheonix Patterson connected with a cross to direct the ball beyond Jamie Cumming in the Chelsea goal.

The North Londoners were soon given a golden opportunity to double their lead when Tariq Lamptey’s clumsy foul handed Spurs a penalty kick. Harvey White stepped up to take the spot kick and made no mistake from 12 yards.

Chelsea responded well with senior star Antonio Rudiger a real threat from set pieces but they failed to test Spurs keeper Alfie Whiteman as the visitors went into the break ahead.

Edwards’ side again threatened after the restart with Tariq Uwakwe forcing a good save from Whiteman with an effort from close range before Clinton Mola pulled a goal back after battling his way through the Spurs defence.

Marc Guehi then went close on two occasions before Chelsea levelled matters deep in second half injury time with Lamptey making up for his earlier error with a shot from distance that squirmed beyond Whiteman into the net.

Chelsea are back in action on 13 September when Brighton & Hove Albion are the visitors to Stamford Bridge.

About Author

I am Dan Pentland football writer and reporter at various levels including the English Football League, FA Women's Super League and in UEFA and FIFA affiliated competitions. In May 2015, I completed my childhood dream of visiting all 92 Football League grounds. Follow me on Twitter @DanPentlandpcuk

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. More Information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.